Saturday, January 29, 2011

Praises: Car, Health In Good Repair

Kudos to Collision Revision in Bloomington. They took the trusty Saturn on Wednesday morning and fetched a couple new doors, then painted them to perfectly match the 11-year old body. The key cylinder had also been damaged and they shipped the key to Leman's to manufacture one. The following Wednesday it was ready for pick up.

Cheers as usual to Sudafed, Nyquil and Halls cherry throat lozenges. I haven't slept for more than four hours straight since Wednesday, but an abundance of naps has given the system plenty of time to heal itself. Do drugs, kids.

Special thanks to Law & Order: Criminal Intent re-runs and Seinfeld DVDs, which filled a volume of bed-ridden hours.

Thanks to Amy Scott, Ryan Short, and the team at work for adjusting their plans in my absence.

Many thanks to Dena, whom I tried to inconvenience as little as possible during our week as a one-car family, but still had to give up some freedom and spend some time as my personal chauffeur to and from the office. Then, for fetching me chicken noodle soup and not quarantining me to the basement during my "glassy-eyes" phase.

As usual, it takes a string of misfortune to realize how grateful I ought to be all the time.

No comments: