Thursday, January 26, 2012

Handy Thinking

Yesterday I realized that I was walking to my car with cold hands. Cold hands that were carrying my gloves. Yes, carrying them, not wearing them.

Well, you see, I was holding something in my right hand. It would've been a nuisance to have to stop walking, set the thing down, put on the gloves, and pick up the thing again. It would only have taken ten seconds to do this, and spared me three minutes of chilled fingers. But I'd made an excuse for trading a small inconvenience for a bigger one.

Where else does this happen? Is it the inconvenience of a short travel to get to the gym? Of asking a tough question, because of the risk? To forgive, because we feel dissed? To accept change gracefully, because of the unknown?

We are on a good path. And often a better one, if we counsel our mind instead of our emotions.

No comments: