Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Learning For Tomorrow

Today was the day to take some action toward the "$12,000 job" 2012 goal.

Do what you love, and never work a day in your life. And I love to teach.

Whether I eventually self-employ in the education field or work as an employee, it starts with research.

Many times I drive by this place called "Learning for Tomorrow." I'd skimmed their web site before. Today I decided to pop in and ask questions. The manager was really helpful.

They charge $45/hr for most sessions. Stuff gets skimmed off the top between the retail price and the tutor's wallet, but let's say that's $30/hr in the end. So 400 hours of work a year, or 8 hours a week. They actually get busier during the summer months, as students try to brush up, maintain, or get ahead. I found that interesting... I had zero thought about school during my childhood summers!

Now I'm not worth $30/hr yet. But I am committed to tutoring as much math as I can, to get to that level. As I tutor, I learn. Everyone wins.

I dropped off my contact information.

Something or nothing might happen. The excitement is in the trying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You betcha, the excitement is in the trying! Trust me, I know! Keep us posted!