Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Back To Normal, And Then Some

So Monday was pretty drab. Separated from Hairspray fun, body collapsing from the weeks-long adrenaline rush of the stage.
 
Tuesday, the Corny hair was shorn.
 
Today was the most back-to-normal day I'd had in weeks.
 
8:00-11:00 management meeting at the office.
 
Got a 30-minute cardio workout in.
 
At a sensible (i.e. not fast-food) dinner.
 
Did not consume large quantities of sugar.
 
Sat outside by the pool reading a basketball coaching book.
 
Got my daily stretching in.
 
Checked fantasy baseball.
 
Then I cracked open Facebook, and started reading a barrage of comments from Hairspray folks about a variety of topics, but mostly cupcakes.
 
Then Bridgette and I got into an extended chat that generated a Friday night bowling outing/reunion idea. Before you know it I'm calling Circle Lanes and she's firing up a Facebook event invitation.

And then, on to the kind of chat that just makes me roll my eyes and smile about how much better off and blessed my life is for this new batch of friends:
 
<(')
dang
hold on
That's what I do
lol
OMG!
Shark attack!
How... how...
I... I don't know what to say!
Why Corny you're the winner of a new facebook emoticon lesson!
It even comes with personalized lessons & humor
Annd...you'll even get to wow your friends with your new found knowledge!
I... I don't know what to say!
Hahaha!!!
ok...so
to make the penguin
first you hit <
then (
then "
then )
and voila!
Penguin!
AHH!
(")>
Only works in one direction, hm.
yeah
sadness
as for the shark
first you go (
then ^
then ^
then ^
then )
and BOOM!
Shark!
Ha! Like a bunch of teeth, oh that is too clever.
this is one of my faves
:l]
dang...I keep forgetting things
:I]
crap
I don't remember how to tell you to do that
I actually had to copy & paste that out of a notepad doc
I don't remember what the up & down line is in the middle
but it's this :
an up & down line, which I 'thought' was a lowercase L
and then this ]
:[]
I give up
NO I DON'T
I REMEMBER!
ok...it's :
then this | (the button under the backspace...have to shift to get it)
then ]
WOO HOO!!
then there's the PacMan face
it's easy
it's :
then v
Wow!
yay!
Are these only FB tricks or can I can I impress my boss with my next e-mail?
only FB related
BUT...you can make a pooping sheep & a barfing person on the IM's at work!
That's what I'm talkin about.
Between you and Chris I may just learn all the interesting secrets of the universe!
Haha!! I don't know about that, but you'll definitely learn something & get some laughs out of it
btw...the devil face
3
:
)
Tada!

No comments: