Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happiness Is... A Warm Director... And Amazing Team

I've been in enough volunteer organizations to deeply appreciate leadership when I see it. In yet another incredible stroke of luck, Hairspray is directed and co-directed by two bright, passionate, creative and caring people. And they know how to provide feedback after a performance that had us all buzzing once we'd pulled it off:

[Hidden Blog notes are embedded in brackets for clarity]

From Alan Wilson:

"Well, yesterday, I predicted you’d be a huge hit….and you surpassed even that!  We may not always have audiences like that but their energy was contagious….or maybe it was the other way around!  Congratulations on a spectacular performance and the applause you so richly deserved. 
 
A special thanks to Claron and Scott [our stage managers] who have done a tough job with very little recognition.  Many thanks to both of you!
 
Orchestra….you are unsurpassed!  Incredible job, Eugene and crew!   Many Thanks!
 
To Wendy [co-director] and Brett [producer], and Rich [assistant sound tech], and Jen [costume designer] and her crew and Kelly, my able assistant and my rock, and  Jeremy and Hannah for the spectacular set, and John for our incredible lights and his patience with my schizophrenia, and Chris Terven and Gidget for the props and the extra hours they’ve spent so I wouldn’t have a heart attack, and our house managers, Sally and Audrey ….and of course, the best cast I have ever seen in Bloomington…no, really…the everlovin’ BEST CAST ever….….I know that this has been a labor of love…and not financial gain   :D……….. thank you all so much for your passion and dedication and fighting through the tough days to get where we are! My prayer is that the destination is worth the journey! I love you, one and all!!"

From Wendy Baugh:

"I echo Alan's comments as well!  So proud of all of you, and am truly blessed to part of such a wonderful group!  It's Opening Night!!  Let's show them what we are really made of!! Love you all!!!"

No comments: