Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I Get By With A Little Help From My Faith

"Can't handle your life? Problems have you licked? Need help? Have faith, things will turn out all right." - Anonymous

Yesterday I found myself momentarily stewing over an e-mail at the office.

It had reminded me of a potential crisis a few years down the road which to me, is preventable, but to date, my solution has fallen on deaf ears of those in power.

Then a smile crossed my face, as I reacted to this wasteful thought in the way my mistakes of the past have trained me to do.

I can remember an actuarial exam that I had "surely" failed, but somehow by the grace of God I was given a passing mark. I've thought since then that it must have been part of a bigger plan for my State Farm career to advance, for the benefit of someone yet unknown.

A couple of years ago I was facing the anxieties of a workload that was seemingly too large to handle. Unexpectedly, a new employee dropped into my lap, and things were corrected.

So now as I look toward that uncertain future, I have a brain advising me of the probability of disaster, and fortunately, a faith overriding the logic, enough to believe that something outside of my vision will be delivered as God intends for a greater good.

In the end, things will be fine.

No comments: