Saturday, August 25, 2012

Praise You In This Storm

I listened to the radio twice today, for about 15 minutes total. Both times the old hit "Praise You In This Storm" by Casting Crowns came on.

It reminded me of a moment that broke late last week when one of my co-workers discovered problem that could potentially have a far-ranging impact. She was understandably, and visibly, on edge.

She closed the door to my office, started to explain the many details behind it. At the end, she said "I don't know what to do..." and trailed off in a head-in-hands type of discouragement.

Cue the music...


Things are rarely as good or as bad as they seem. My breathing was steady. In this moment, nothing was more important than bringing calm into the storm.

In the next few minutes, we came up with few steps to work the problem. Action replaced worry. Faith snuffed out fear. A greater sense of peace crossed her face.

As she rose to left, she said "Thanks for not getting upset."

I said something unmemorable. So God sent me an audio reminder of reality.

No comments: