Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Family Photos: The Week In Thanks

My weekly post of gratefulness finds several new friends reading through Facebook and Community Players Theatre.

No greater thanks could be given this week than for the experience with Shrek. I've blogged about it at length and won't belabor it here, except to affirm once again that I continue to be blessed by God in the most unpredictable and undeserving ways.

Singing the national anthem at the Cornbelters game was the best one yet. It's so important and satisfying to put myself out there, to take a chance, and to trust that my gifts will bear fruit. This time, they did. I would love to do it at a basketball game at Redbird Arena some day.

These musical success stories are fed by the continued joy of being in the LifeTeen band, the chance to keep my singing voice rehearsed. And to provide a lighter heart, in however small measure, to those who attend Epiphany Church.

We were graced by a visit from Dena's brother Darren, wife Jane and nieces Elisabeth and Kate. For them to spend time with us out of the many choices of family and friends they could choose is a privilege. Naturally I was pleased that they came to see Shrek too.

My tutoring business has been deliberately light, but the news has been all sunshine with one in particular, who's gotten 95% or higher on three of her calculus tests. School will resume in three weeks, and I intend to chalk this summer up as a success, as well as to savor the days that remain.

Our family photos with Cupcake turned out great!

http://www.troymarcyphotography.com/janddfamily

(the password is Cupcake)

Cuppie habitually helps wake me up in the mornings by mewing softly but insistently, and lying across my chest. Sometimes she uses me for a napping bed, and once this week it stretched for 90 minutes. Those moments of intimacy are precious and I do my best never to shortchange them.

I am back into running 3 miles a day, so far without any recurring pain. Using a new pair of running shoes and a different focus seems to help. My pace is around an 8-minute mile and my heart rate gets up to 150. When I went for a check-up my resting heart rate was clocked at 44 per minute. Yet another gift that I am unworthy enough to make the very most of in celebration.

Dena made taco salad one night this week. We've gone for long walks. We are loving and taking advantage of these simple, perfect July evenings before fall busyness sets in.

1 comment:

dyoung said...

Great pics! And I like your shirt! Stylin I see!! Oh- visit my new blog:). Up and running!