Sunday, May 17, 2015

Thanks For The Career

During a weekly shopping trip to Sam's Club I noticed a cashier from a distance who looked worn-out. Since I was small enough to fit into a crib I've had some natural empathy for people who look sad. What were her personal circumstances? Is it her second or third job? Is she under threat of being fired, or just not happy with her work? Does the job cause physical pain to arthritic knees or hands?

Without knowing the first thing about her, I am reminded that if bad things happen to good people, there is at least the upside of the perspective that it brings. In that moment it refreshed my gratitude for the long and successful career that God blessed me with at State Farm, as well as for that of the tutoring business. In each case the results have been surprising, which adds to the joy. I'll continue to celebrate it for as long as it lasts.

No comments: