Sunday, June 7, 2009

Screams Of Consciousness, Act 4: Leaps and Lips

I have somehow managed to get T and E to stop jumping on the bed. I like to think it's because I have successfully reasoned with them as to the multiple consequences that could result. More likely, it's because they have decided to start jumping on me. Because I'm three times their weight, this doesn't greatly disturb my attempts to pack up or otherwise remove every potential source of breakage or mess from view and/or reach.

E asks me whether or not I've ever kissed Dena before. As an uncle I try to be not only as permissive as possible but also as direct.

"Yes."

"On the lips?"

"Yes."

"Eeeeeeew!" (E, K, P and T grabbing faces in disgust and rolling around in horror on the bed).

They all explode in awestruck questioning.

"When?"

"Well, when we got married, and a bunch of times before."

"How did you kiss her when you got married?"

"Huh?"

"Did you kiss her with your tongue?"

"Um, no. Sort of a gentle kiss with our heads turned slightly to the side."

"How about when you were dating?"

"Pretty much the same way."

2 comments:

freid207 said...

Please tell me it wasn't my 7 year old asking about using tongue to kiss or we are banning her from TV until she's 18.

Joe McDonald said...

Maybe she just has an old soul!