Sunday, April 10, 2011

Here's A Non-Blank Blog Post For You

I saw an advertisement for an "anti-gravity" chair at the store today. I thought all chairs were anti-gravity. Can someone show me what a pro-gravity chair looks like? Does it sink deep into the earth when you sit on it? Maybe the anti-gravity chair does more than just break even in the battle against gravity like most chairs, but launches you into the air. Who would buy that? At least their attorneys can say they warned us.

The same logic baffles me about no-kill animal shelters. Doesn't the "shelter" part suffice to get that message across? They call the other things "slaughter houses." Relax, animal shelter attorneys! No one will confuse the two.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

haha it´s really funny what you say. There are names that are so obvious and reundant that you just stlaughing when you see them. I remember once I was in Argentina, and next to the buenos aires apartment I was living in there was a store called: "healthy medications". Daaaa, of course medications are healthy, otherwise I wouldn´t buy it!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Sorry if you believe that all shelters are no-kill. CISAR is no-kill, but HSCI kills animals. They don't alot, or all the time, but they do.