Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A 9 Out Of 10 Day

That's what I told Dena. Hidden Bloggers know that since I work in a mathematical, tax-oriented insurance profession, the most interesting way to describe my day to my friends is to simply rate it on a scale of 1 to 10.

Yesterday was one of those rare days that reached 9, because pretty much every interaction I had was positive.

Made good progress on an insurance product pricing spreadsheet.

Got some strong votes of support from upper management to help get one of our key projects approved.

Had a positive and productive staff meeting, then devised a way to eliminate some wasteful work from the team's processes.

Had a working lunch that made progress in preparing for a presentation.

Published a posting for our new analyst job. Visited with two talented candidates and their managers who were supportive of their candidates' availability to apply for the job.

Had a fruitful 1-on-1 meeting with one of my direct reports who was in an upbeat mood to begin with.

Another direct report dropped by with exciting news.

Bumped into my boss in the hall who was in good spirits.

Delivered some material to several people who responded with thankfulness.

Bumped into another friend in the hall who was considering applying for a job but unsure, so was able to provide some mentoring that seemed to help her reach a decision.

Basically everything I touched yesterday was positive, or as I'd rather say, God touched me entirely with positive things.

The only way the day could have been better is if it were my retirement!

No comments: