Thursday, October 24, 2013

Finished Beats Perfect

"Who doesn't have a thousand ideas that will make us rich, enhance the world, or just be fun? Fail as quickly as you can so you can get opinions that help. A rough prototype is better than the one you'll get around to any decade now."

In other words, don't suffer analysis paralysis. I got another invitation to tutor an accounting student this week. I'm no master accountant, but I know that if I tutor him:

1. I'll do some things well.

2. I'll do some things wrong.

3. I'll get better.

Two out of three ain't bad! In fact there's often no #3 without #2. Who knows, maybe some day I'll become the premier accounting tutor in the city. When hoops are in front of you, take a quick peek to make sure it doesn't lead to a bottomless chasm - and then jump.

No comments: