Sunday, October 6, 2013

"Lost" And Found

This was the challenge put before a Christian small group I've been attending recently:

"Find and/or create opportunities to hang out with lost people."

"Lost" people are those who have yet to adopt the beliefs of this church. In the big picture, the challenge is to play an active role in helping non-believers to adopt these beliefs.

If I'm an advocate of any single noblest cause, I'd say it's for inner peace. Hidden Bloggers know that I do credit God at least weekly for my inner peace, which has increased considerably during the last five years (ironically timed with my distance from mainstream religion). I almost said "missionary" rather than "advocate," but "mission" implies enough devotion to live it daily, and enough authenticity to sell it convincingly.

So although I wouldn't classify myself as any more "lost" than the people who may say that I am, I do appreciate the devotion with which they claim it. It's refreshed some self-reflection on habits I can build to increase the peace. And the more I master that within myself, the more likely it may spread to others like a light in their particular shade of darkness.

No comments: