Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hypnotherapy Part 1

I met someone at an LMC event who mentioned that one of her new year's resolutions was to become less negative, which regular readers know happens to be one of mine as well. Intrigued, I asked what she'd done to accomplish that. She handed me a card for a hypnotherapist that she'd visited seven times already and had helped change her attitude as well as the people that she surrounds herself with. Sensing blogworthiness, I decided to give it a try.

More details to come once I actually set foot in the office, but the stars haven't quite lined up so far. Namely, I showed up for my first appointment to find the building dark and locked.

Hmmm.

I dialed him on my cell phone and he apologized for being out of state (Indiana, specifically) for some emergency related to campers. As he's sharing the details, I'm thinking to myself "Why is this guy apologizing? All he has to do is slip into a trance-inducing voice and in no time at all I'd be begging his forgiveness, funding his kids' education and clucking like a chicken."

Lucky me, I met a hypnotherapist with a conscience, the kind of guy who you just feel like sending your house key to without him even asking. In fact, I felt powerless to do otherwise. Strange, huh?

No comments: