Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Eye Got Troubles

Turns out I've got something called a chalazion on my lower left eyelid. This is a painless cyst that develops when oil-producing glands become inflamed. Option 1 was "live with it." I chose the option that makes me not have to look at it any more. So on Tuesday around 8 a.m. I'll get something stuck into my eye to administer a numbing agent. Twice. Then the doc goes in with a blade and a scooping instrument to carve it out of there. They tell me it takes 5 minutes to do. Good! Plus, if they mess up, then I get to look like a pirate. Which is way cooler looking than a bump. Dena and I are going out to breakfast afterword, just like Mommy used to take me to get a milkshake after getting novocaine at the dentist. Maybe then I can go home and watch cartoons. Whee.

No comments: