Sunday, August 2, 2009

Roxy?

Dena picked up some new wheels over at Rebbec's yesterday. It's a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT with only 30,000 miles on it. Smells like new, so she tells me, seems factory-new. With the extended warranty, came out under $12,000. No car payments in the McHousehold - savings took care of half of it, and the State Farm check covered the other half. To our pleasant surprise, the totaled value was worth about $5,100, above the values of at least one of the blue book we reviewed.

I like the color, a bright and bold shade of red that I'd call "State Farm red"... I actually wish Saturn had offered it for my car.

At this moment we are a 3-car family for the first time in our history, since we still have the rental Avenger that Dena's been toddling around town in for the last few days. Then we'll be back to two. And what should the new car be called? Roxy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vote Pixy