Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hasty Retweet

I've had a Twitter account for a couple of years. Four tweets so far. Mainly it was just fun to get in and be a part of it, at least technically. Tweeting without followers is like shouting into a forest, so it's been little more than a curiosity.

Recently my company came out with a social media policy. It got me to discussing it during a staff meeting, and a couple of co-workers have Twitter accounts. Hadn't spent much time thinking about the value of following others who are good at making regular, brief, motivating or fascinating posts. My curiosity was renewed.

Today I've been trying to figure out how to get tweets to post as status updates on my Facebook page. I also was fuzzy on what "retweeting" was until I looked around. I am a follower of a basketball coach who tweets inspirational quotes, so I did a test re-tweet. Hopefully soon I'll be able to pass these along nuggets of wisdom to my Facebook friends with the click of a button.

3 comments:

Lola Takes Pictures said...

I set up a Twitter account recently, too. I post about once a week but mostly use it to follow the great photographers of my generation. It's fun but tiring too as some post as many as ten times per day. I'm starting to think I'm not going to miss much if I delete the entire account. I'm feeling oversaturated with technology lately.

Joe McDonald said...

Yeah, for me it's all the people requesting to be followers. I think the ulterior motive is for me to follow them, or just for spam. I do like being connected to Tony Robbins or others who dish out daily inspirational nuggets. Otherwise, that's why I've barely touched the account in two years.

Anonymous said...

HEre's my issue...I keep trying to "like" someones tweet!! FAIL!