Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dissing A Bad Day

"Bad days say more about a person’s character than good days. Nothing matters more than character. " - Anonymous

Moods are tipped one way or the other by the slightest of things sometimes. A couple less-than-ideal results near the end of the work day kicked up one of those mental tornadoes of frustration, the kind where we voluntarily dive into the ditch and roll around in the mud of self-pity. I was a tad on the hungry and tired side when I got home, and Dena asked how the day was.

A big smile crossed my face. "Man, I just got so CRABBY today. What the heck got into me? It was going by just fine, and all of a sudden... here it came..." It feels good to step outside me and look back like a fascinated observer. Bad days are often not as bad as they originally seem, after a little separation.

No comments: