Monday, June 30, 2014

2014 Goals Update

Exercise/Stretch 5+ Days a Week, Body Fat 14%

It turns out that the local health clinic feels that my hand-held fat-measuring device is superior to theirs! They did help by adding that these devices can be 5-20% off, which is... at least good to know. Today's reading said 13%, which is the lowest I've seen it. I did more stretching than in any previous month this year, about nine times. My weight is holding steady and I got all my exercise in, including a 2.5 hour bike ride in San Diego for a change.

Healthy Elbow, Knee, Teeth

My elbow pain has still been almost invisible at times. It's still there, and I'm planning to contact my doctor about his acupuncture suggestion, though there's also a chance it will heal on its own. I've decided to contact the dentist and go ahead with the root canal, since rest is proving not to be the answer. I'm adding my left knee newly to the list, as certain squatting movements cause sharp pain. As usual I've been aggressively seeking an answer. Thus far, I've shifted my massage focus onto it; have replaced biking with swimming; have been tweaking my standing posture and walking gait to try to rebalance leg muscles.

Tutor 800 Hours

June was mostly my month off. I probably did about 15 hours total by design. It's summer! However, I do have six students in the mix and will exceed that hours total this month.

Blog Thanks Weekly

I did perfectly on this one for the first time all year!

Make 10 New Acquaintances

It's safe to say that I'm made 10 new acquaintances through Shrek so far. The point of this goal is to lead to something life-improving or to a friend-of-friend connection in some way, and the jury's still out on that, but this goal is technically met.

Clean House

A second opinion has us believing that we don't need to regrade landscaping in order to save the structural soundness of our basement wall, which is a relief. We are experimenting with a theory that we simply need to de-humidify the air better above the key ceiling tiles. This will take a few months at least, meanwhile I will search for a solution to the basement wall cleaning. I need to re-connect with the Board about the driveway project, but I'm glad to say this is the only goal I made no progress on this month. I even upgraded the wardrobe with some snazzy West Coast shirt purchases!

No comments: