Monday, June 9, 2014

What Do I Want To Accomplish Today?

It was one of those heavy-limbed, heavy-headed mornings to start, and I wasn't up for doing much of anything. There are lots of odds and ends I could have been doing, but the accumulation of it all had me mentally flat. So I asked myself "What do I want to accomplish today?" I didn't want 3pm to get here, or even noon, without me having made some progress.

So I drank some water to rehydrate as I do every morning (about 40 ounces).
Took Cupcake for a walk, while reading a book and getting a little sun.
Shaved.
Folded some laundry.
Talked about condo association business with a neighbor.
Started blogging while listening to Shrek soundtrack.

Now I'm feeling some mojo. Ready for a shower, exercise, massage. Then I'll come back and knock out more tasks and earn a good mid-afternoon nap. Having a carrot in the distance always helps.

No comments: