Friday, May 23, 2008

Facebook, MySpace, and a Modest Proposal

As part of the mission, it seemed logical to promote Hidden Blog through Facebook and MySpace, two of the more popular social e-networks today. So I got that all set up, including to invite a couple of "friends," which means existing friends of mine who now know that I'm registered.

The good news is that I quickly attracted attention. The bad news is that it was for the wrong reason:

"How's it going?

I felt lonely and decided to borrow my best-friend's account and see what this site offered in terms of single guys. I'm sure delighted I did! I saw your profile page and my woman's intuition kicked in. We could be a match, I think. I'm looking for a fun, relaxed guy who wants to date (as opposed to jumping in the sack only). I'm young, sexy and in very good shape. I work out often but I'm not obsessive about it. I also like watching tv and going to the movies. I also love chocolate and ice cream. I hope you'll contact me ask me about my hello kitty tattoo.

Bye baby!"

Evidently I didn't completely fill out my profile, so it defaulted me to Single. Or, maybe, this is just my first taste of spam and was one of a million guys to get this. At any rate, this one will have to go into the discard pile.

That is, unless you are a faithful reader of similar profile but single. If so, she gave me her e-mail address... :)

No comments: