Saturday, January 31, 2009

Young's Shot, Gym Bag Leave Impression

It's pretty exciting to see your 14-year old niece swish one from the left corner of her JV basketball game against a talented team like Bloomington Central Catholic. Her catch-and-shoot release time was quicker than a hot potato. Then to see her power dribble left-handed down the sideline, and later take an aggressive dribble drive around a pick and pop from the free throw line. This is not the woman I saw a couple years ago!

Dena and I were glad that she didn't run into the walking mountain that was #45 on Central.

She climbed into the stands behind us after the game and apologized for being a little gamey. "Hey, it's the smell of hard work" I thought, though I also thought "But no one works as hard as the smell I'm detecting..." Later Dena pointed out that it was probably the gym bag, which I hadn't noticed. But I think we have an idea for her next birthday present...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes. Try being the one cooped up in the car with her, or rather the bag on the drive home.....