Monday, March 14, 2011

Tutor Tango

At last I had my first chance to tutor a high school student in math.

We brokered the appointment through his mom, and he met me at the library. As luck would have it, one of my neighbors was an on-duty librarian who pointed me to a group study room that was isolated on the top floor for perfect quiet.

He was polite, patient and made an honest effort to answer each question without leaning on me. He asked good questions. He even shared a common interest with me, always helpful in breaking the ice. We made progress!

I got home and found a couple more referrals of interested students. This is going to be good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Happy for ya Joe, but don't say you've not been warned about those parents!! :) God love 'em....

Lola Takes Pictures said...

Congrats! Hope it gets better and better from here!