Thursday, October 13, 2011

Moneyball

Moneyball's doing just fine without another review, but here you go...

I went with a softball playing friend of mine, and our wives. I knew I'd like the movie, since I'd read the book and also follow baseball enough to remember several of the big names and scenes. Plus, being an analytical person, I'm captivated by the foundation of Billy Beane's (Brad Pitt's) statistics-based success.

As the film ended, I wondered whether or not the ladies of the group had enjoyed it. The verdict was two thumbs up! That's because it's more of a story about Beane's personal story than the game he happens to be employed by. It's a story of standing up against establishment thinking. It's a story about a man and his daughter. And, of course, it's a movie with Brad Pitt.

All the adult members your family who can at least mildly tolerate sports will enjoy this one. It's got a generous dashes of humor all throughout. Warm feelings everywhere at the end.

No comments: