Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hurry Up While I Wait

I think it's a pretty reasonable indicator of selfishness if you expect more of others than you do of yourself.

Guilty!

There have been a few times this week where I've caught myself in a stream of thought like this...

"When is so-and-so going to get me an answer on this?"

"Doesn't he understand how important this is?"

"Something's wrong with his attitude."

"How long's it been already, anyway?"

"A day."

"I guess... that's... reasonable."

"Since it took me two days between the time I got the assignment and delegated it to him."

Patience is as hard as it is valuable.

Despite evidence to the contrary, I've come to believe that most good things are worth treating like a flower, nurturing it continually and waiting for it to blossom.

Hidden Bloggers know... you can't make a flower grow any faster by yanking on it.

No comments: