Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Scoring For Grandma

It's been a while since I auditioned for a band.

This was low-pressure, but exciting anyway.

My friend Isaac coordinates music at a local church. Dena and I had a lovely dinner with his wife and their girls over the summer. He's laid-back and has that calm voice of reason about him.

Well, they are starting up a Saturday evening service and launching it in the new year.

They could use some musical talent in their tool chest. In the meantime, they could use me. :)

I brought my guitar and some old yet contemporary favorites like "Blessed Be The Name" and "Your Grace Is Enough." A more reflective song too.

Isaac hopped on the piano and, prodigy that he is, eased along while I cranked away.

It was fun, and then he asked if I did harmonies. Score! I love doing them. It turned out to be pretty easy to come up with some on the run, and I was even able to hit the high harmonies.

It turns out that they could also use some extra fill-in support for their Sunday services as well.

Somewhere, Grandma is smiling. The toy piano-smasher is going to provide musical community service.

1 comment: