Sunday, December 4, 2011

Aisle Be In Heaven

While driving home from the game last night I saw powerful bright lights ahead to my left. They grew closer, waiting for me there.

It was Sam's Club.

I'd been meaning to go in there and look around. Amy had told me that their prices trump even their parent Walmart's.

Hidden Bloggers know that I've been a Walmart disciple since this price-comparison excursion months ago.

Could there be an even better church of munchies in my neighborhood?

I knew that there were "membership cards" required to buy goods there. I assumed that I could still walk around though. I was right, though I was disrupted when the greeter asked me if I had my card. Turns out he was just being friendly.

Here are the eye-popping stats for Sam's Club (vs. Walmart):

3.5 lbs chicken $12 ($15)
3 lbs almonds $9 ($18)
6 lbs apples $7 ($10)
1 gal milk $2.68 ($3.35)
49 oz cereal $7.38 ($10.50)

On and on it goes. Shower gel. Deodorant. Veggies. Even tires and televisions.

30% savings all over the place!

The membership fee is like $40. We'll recoup that in a couple of trips.

I got there at 8:00 p.m., and the place was practically deserted.

So we have a spacious place where dreams come true.

With prices like this, who needs angels to be in heaven?

No comments: