Monday, April 16, 2012

I Got Published In A Magazine

How about that. While trolling for material to blog about a few months back, I saw an ad for submissions to a magazine (or a really glossy newsletter, depending on your point of view). It was offering $50 if you wrote a short article about "ideas for living," and if it was picked as the winner.

The spring quarter edition arrived last week. My winning entry and fancy meal ticket was in print!

"I read that three ingredients to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love and something to hope for. So why not look for new adventures nearby?

My wife and I love to skim the catalog of "community education" courses offered by the local community college. We may not sign up for Arabic Part 2, but I did try out an Introduction to Voice Acting class. That eventually led to an opportunity to volunteer as the after-hours telephone voice for a local charity.

We both enjoy sports, so I volunteered to keep statistics for the town high school basketball team. Before long I was invited to help coach, which has also been fun for her as a fan.

Exciting life paths lie just outside our front door, waiting for us to follow our interests through and discover them!"

No comments: