Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Hallmark Week In Thanks

Lying here on the sofa watching yet another Hallmark movie reminds me of many things to be thankful for.

That I've never lost a loved one during the holiday season.

That I have Dena, the most fabulous Christmas tree decorator in the county, to wake up with every morning and sleep with every night.

That addiction's not a part of my life.

That our cars work.

That we have secure jobs.

That our home, with all its nicks, is plenty warm and in good condition.

That it was 65 degrees outside today.

That we played touch football with a dozen neighbors.

That I had the luxury of a warm bath and Netflix.

That I can still stand.

That I have a sense of purpose and direction in my life.

That Notre Dame and Alabama are playing in the national title game (I win no matter what).

That Jack's safely moved into his new home.

That I have talented friends in the theater.

That our sophomore team won the Thanksgiving tournament.

That I gained a new tutoring student this week.

That YouTube allows me to listen to any Beatles song I could possibly want.

That I was raised by loving and selfless parents.

That this old laptop computer still has 10% battery power.

That there will be a dozen fresh Hallmark movies every weekend to keep the feeling alive.

No comments: