Thursday, December 13, 2012

Shaking Off The Crazies

Yesterday was more strained than usual at the office. A sticky technological problem persisted. Went to a management meeting and had to solve a couple of thorny teamwork issues on the fly. Headed to another management meeting which started late, ran late, caused me to miss basketball practice, and was rather confounding overall.

These are the nights when my dreams can become a mish-mash of agonizing semi-reality. When it wakes me up not quite knowing the difference, then fuming thoughts start pouring in which fuels the unrest.

Fortunately, life has taught me that things are easier in the light of day. Night-thoughts are often just a case of the crazies, the darker side of my personality in hyperdrive. With a little patience, a little distraction (thank you Netflix), and a slightly early rise time, the mental waters are quiet again and ready to go.

No comments: