Sunday, March 16, 2008

How to Gain 54,000 Fans

"I made up my mind early on that we were going to create a winning atmosphere. Fan morale was low when I took over the tea. Attendance had declined for years; Minnesota often played its games before a half-filled house. However, only on e year after I joined the Gophers, we sold 54,000 more season tickets -- 11,000 more than had been sold at any time during the school's 103-year history... What made the difference between my experiences with... the Gophers? Attitude... I came to Minnesota determined to win." -- Lou Holtz, "Winning Every Day"

Here's a guy worth studying! We can all be "determined to win." What's unknown is whether we'll win the hearts of more or less than 54,000 new people. It's a matter of finding the right game -- whether choosing a job, a friend, or a pastime.

No comments: