Sunday, March 30, 2008

What the Croc?

Earlier this week I commented to a friend that if a smart person takes the time to really study human nature, there's something waiting out there to make them a lot of money.

This morning I was reminded of that when I saw a commercial for Crocs. Are these or are these not the parachute pants of the new millenium? I am so happy for their marketing department.

Bob, Marketing VP: OK, good Monday morning everyone. I'm sure we're all ready to make it a short post-Super Bowl work day so let's see what you've got.

Ken (rubs eyes): How about cheap rubber shoes?

Bob: I'm sorry, rubber shoes?

Ken: Sure. They'd look like boxes with rounded corners.

Bob: And people would by these why?

Ken: Well instead of fitting snugly they'd snap on with a thin strap. And they'd be full of holes that...

Bob: Holes.

Ken: Yes, holes that let air in.

Bob: And water?

Ken: Of course. They'll be much easier to wash that way, plus being rubber and all.

Bob: Explain to me again how these are better than sandals?

Ken: Instead of having tan lines, you'll have tan spots. Plus the rainbow colors will be easier for drivers to see when crossing streets at night.

Bob: What do you plan to call these things?

Ken: I was thinking about "Crocs."

Bob: As in crocodiles, the ugliest... oh, I get it.

No comments: