Monday, August 18, 2008

McDonald In Concert Part 2: "Please Come Back"

Joe McDonald extended his short-term contract with Calvary United Methodist Church's band Higher Ground through the end of August following positive reviews from service-goers.

The highlight of the morning was the opening song "Forever" by Chris Tomlin, a Dena favorite that Joe'd specifically requested in light of her recent birthday.

McDonald resigned from Higher Ground on a full-time basis in April 2007 following a successful two-year run. He describes the transition to sub as "the right fit," though the current stint has caused some parishioners to actively lobby for his ongoing return.

"For the rest of August God wants me here, and I love being here," he said. "The outpouring of support from these friends makes that clear to me. Beyond that, God shows me in a dozen little ways that he wants me elsewhere. For now, I'm just enjoying the experience."

No comments: