Sunday, August 3, 2008

Pre-Game Dreaming

"Before each game, I usually do forty-five minutes of visualization at home to prepare my mind and come up with last-minute adjustments." -- Phil Jackson

I'm lucky enough to have a mentor who's the senior vice president of our company. She and I meet on Monday morning, and as of late Friday afternoon I'd recorded my progress from the last month but had little plan for the month to come. As luck would also have it, bright sunshine peeked through the afternoon clouds for a couple hours today, long enough for me to spend some undisturbed time in eyes-closed thought. Picturing my arrival in her office, ideas started to flow. By the time my towel and I headed inside, I felt much more prepared. And I'm sure things will jell further as I clean up in the shower on Monday morning.

No comments: