Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dodgeball Tourney

We had a fund raising dodgeball tournament out at the park on Saturday morning to support United Way. About 30 people chipped in $5 apiece to play in a round-robin series of games, followed by a single elimination best-of-three tournament.

We came in third place, so we have room to improve if they give this another go next year. And speaking of improvement...

1. Afterward my body went into one if its complaining fits, with knees and back screaming at me for most of the day and sending me to my room for most of the day. But living long enough teaches that pain is just a phase and in time (likely a few days in this case) things will be better than before.

2. It gave a perfect excuse to curl up with the newly-released season 5 of The Office and loaf through about 3/4 of the season, with the final bit plus bonus features scheduled for today. I think this season is better than the last one!

No comments: