Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Knowing When To Say Good Night

"The mere sense of living is joy enough." - Emily Dickinson

By about 7:30 or so last night that joy was sagging. I think it was just the product of a week of running 5 miles a day as part of a spirited dash to see if I could get the body fat percentage down to 15% by tomorrow.

Self-awareness of my body has been one of the big gains this year. When I'm in a work meeting and come away replaying certain moments grumpily, it's a classic symptom for me to consider an early bedtime. I slipped a little diet-wise as the night grew longer, which wouldn't have happened if I'd shipped myself to bed with a good book and a tall drink of water.

So as they say, today is a rebirth, a chance to improve, entirely within my control since it's all about attitude. And possibly a short day!

No comments: