Friday, September 18, 2009

Legend Of The White Knight

More from yesterday's post.

2. Do men like the idea of being a White Knight saving their damsels in distress? Some do, I bet. In a sense, who wouldn't? Being someone's hero validates a sense of purpose in life. And when Dena and I go to seminars that talk about the Five Love Languages, "encouraging words" tops my list. As far as a sense of satisfaction for spousal helplessness though, count me out. I love women's lib! I'm inspired by being around strong people. "Dependent" is an extreme, rather than a daily, description. And I'm thrilled to know that I'm related to someone who can put in wood flooring. It's now filed in the Rolodex.

3. I totally sympathize with the slip of the tongue. Suffice to say that I could fill a week's worth of blog posts with comparable examples!

1 comment:

freid207 said...

I believe it takes a pretty strong man (in spirit and physical strength) to not be intimidated by a strong woman. It killed my chances of dating guys in my own grade (according to my good guy friends) because I wasn't a ditzy bimbo or a helpless little tadpole.

I dare you to tackle a blog post on married sex before I do (ha!). Husband indicated he was slightly trepidatious to read my last blog post once he read the title. I told him I do my best to honor him. Reason #2 that a marriage works is keeping your dirty laundry in your own hamper, so to speak!