Monday, September 14, 2009

Spiritual Maturity

The first week of the Eastview small group features these discussion questions.

1. What was your spiritual maturity 10 years ago? At the time, I defined it as the goal of becoming more like Jesus. My practice wasn't deliberate, but looking back would say it consisted of church activities... being in a small group, treasurer, and Sunday service attender.

2. What is your spiritual maturity now? My new goal is more along the lines of being aware that I'm part of God's plan, and being at peace. My practice is much more deliberate and daily. Hidden Bloggers know that I keep a daily journal of my emotions and surround myself as best I can with positive people.

3. If spiritual maturity were a school, what grade would you be in? Senior high school. I still wouldn't characterize myself as a mostly positive or peaceful person, but I feel like I've got a workable plan in the right direction.

4. Would you be satisfied if you were at the same level of maturity in 10 years? Nah, I'd like to "graduate"!

5. What practices could you develop to be more Godlike? Listen, for one. And contribute to a happier creation by being positive and supportive.

The bottom line here is that practice, not mere ideals, makes more perfect.

No comments: