Sunday, December 6, 2009

Crash Test Dummy

I failed to mention in the previous post that I was actually able to sit on the bench with the team, an outcome that was in doubt up until the midnight hour - literally.

Seems that as a non-faculty member I'm required to pass three tests for coaching certification. After learning on Sunday that there is an online package available that should only take "5 to 7 business days" to receive the code for, it seemed unlikely that I'd be qualified in time for Wednesday's game.

The materials and code arrived with the UPS guy at 6:30 on Tuesday night. I jumped into the "12 hours" of coursework on first aid, coaching orientation and IHSA by-laws and managed a 90% pass rate on all three by 11:30. After Dena kindly scanned the web page for me indicating my passing grades, I forwarded them to Coach Goldman who in turn got me cleared by Wednesday afternoon.

How's that for teamwork and good fate?

No comments: