Saturday, December 26, 2009

Little League Again

Minor league pitcher Jon Asahina was struck in the face by a line drive traveling 101 miles an hour. What's his outlook now?

"I just feel free. Do I really care now how I do? No: I'm going to do the best I can. We try to be great, and I've always focused on achievements - getting to this place, then the next place. Finally I understand: Everyone talks about enjoying he process but I don't really have a choice. I'm happy the ride's still going. I smell things better. I look at the sun. Sometimes the sun shines so bright now, it's like a movie.

The whole situation made me realize how much I appreciate everything: every single moment, every single day. Every ball player says 'Take it a day at a time, take it a pitch at a time.' Mow I feel like there's no choice. I embrace that. I'm tasting my food better, I'm sleeping better, I feel like I talk better, i love better, and I absolutely love coming out to the field. It feels lie Little League again."

No comments: