Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Beautiful Day For A Run

After a dandy go-home-and-nap session (see the morning's activities in the previous post), I decided to cover 7 miles on the treadmill at Four Seasons. A ten-minute mile pace turns out to be very comfortable for me, as well as the springy conveyor belt. And it helps tons to have the T.V. screen there, especially since basketball tourney madness is everywhere! There were no less than three championship games converging at the same time. Time out? No problem... click. The hour flew by quickly.

I drifted down to the basketball courts to play my little game of making ten free throws in a row. It took me all of about ten minutes - record time. And thank goodness, because a bunch of players were starting to meander down there and I knew it wouldn't be long until the court was too packed to continue.

It's 3:15. More championship ball this afternoon. Then the NCAA tournament teams will be picked, and the annual ritual of picking the winners begins.

Oh, and the sun will be out until 7:00 p.m., the ultimate benefit of daylight savings time!

No comments: