Sunday, March 21, 2010

Nine Mile Island

I added one more mile to the weekly run today, chilling to some Beatles tunes and watching NCAA tourney hoops while running in place for 90 minutes to cover 9 miles. It's done wonders for lowering the body fat percentage, flirting below 15% for the first time all year at 14.8.

Afterward I got to looking at the "novice" half-marathoner's training schedule as proposed by Hal Higdon:

http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm

According to this I might be two weeks away from being able to run a half-marathon, suggesting that I do 5, 3, and 5 miles on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this week.

Little conflict: The "half-marathon" day is Easter Sunday, when we'll be with Mom in Bloomingdale. I wonder what the prospects are for taking off work on Monday?

No comments: