Sunday, March 14, 2010

McDonald Concert Postponed 1 Week

I thought I was scheduled to perform a guitar/singing solo at Calvary United Methodist Church this morning. Hidden Bloggers know that I have vampire tendencies and so the odds of me rising at 6:30 - no, make that 5:30 since today was the daylight savings time switch - are slim. Yet there I was in the building with my bright red shirt on, combed hair and a smile.

Only they didn't need me. Hmm. They must have meant next week. Alrighty, then.

Look at the bright side. I proved that I can indeed still get up that early. I did a successful trial run as far as prepping my morning voice, by drinking a certain amount of water starting at a certain time. I now have an extra week to play around with the music and improve it, as well as to contact the tech guy and see about plugging in my guitar, etc.

And NEXT week, at the 8:00 service, I'll be playing a Joe McDonald original song written specifically for the Easter season on my acoustic guitar. Um, I hope.

No comments: