Saturday, March 20, 2010

High/Low Week 11 2010

Ah, granola. It's a wonderful snack that, for example, populates the trail mix a parent provided to the basketball team for consecutive bus trips and made for some good quick energy. It mixes nicely with yogurt and fruit for a weekly treat that Dena uses to keep her appetite in check. And ingested in enormous self-indulgent quantities, I've learned through inadvertent personal experiment this week, it wreaks havoc on the digestive system. 'Nuff said. You ever hear the story of the kid who swore off smoking after being forced to smoke a whole pack at once? Lesson learned.

It was my best week at work in some time, thanks to a project (which I'll call "CVAT") drawing to a close. You know how unusually powerful you feel when you're on the upswing from a cold? One of my key measures at work is the depth of my unanswered e-mail stack, which I finally got down to zero for the first time in six weeks.

Tomorrow is our 12th wedding anniversary! I'm psyched.

It was a good week for exercise. Yesterday I logged a 6 mile run and shot about 200 free throws. On Tuesday my ultimate Frisbee team got out for an inaugural practice and it was fantastic to be in the spring air, running around in the grass and having fun with friends.

No comments: