Sunday, April 11, 2010

High/Low Week 13 2010

Another week passes where I feel fortunate in struggling to recall what the low point was.

I've been trying to adjust my body to an hour earlier schedule, so that when basketball season starts up again I can make a fuller portion of the practices after work. Yet, I still have my night owl internal clock. When sleep is lost, the compromise becomes naps. And Hidden Bloggers know that tired crabbiness is my weakest point.

So internally, there were a few moments at the office when I felt like cutting a conversation short. Friday late afternoon was one of those times. And I'm glad that at that moment, instead of rushing something that could've diminished a relationship, I just let it lie for the weekend with the understanding that my energy will be up come Monday. I remember Ferris Buehler saying "Anything is peaceful from one thousand, three hundred and fifty-three feet." That maxim's been true in my relationships too... many times irritation is easily cured by a little temporary distance. Take a chill pill and lie down! In fact, with regard to that particular work issue, I came up with an idea over the weekend that will turn a negative into a positive. It works!

While at the bank running an errand my eyes laid upon a brochure highlighting "Smart Money Week." This is a fabulous concept! Throughout April 17-24 a series of free seminars is held around town promoting financial health on myriad topics. Ones that I've got on my radar screen (you'll see a popular theme of mine):

Risk-Free Retirement
How To Get To Retirement
Investing For Retirement
Planning For And Managing Assets In Retirement
Mutual Fund Investing

How can you beat this?

I enjoyed a couple walks down memory lane this week. First I cashed in some iTunes gift cards and used them to buy a couple of albums reminiscent of my college years... Out Of Time by R.E.M., and the best of The Doors. Then ISU pal Craig Fata posted a series of photos from our spring break trip and Walker Hall living in general. The old dorm is gone, but the feeling lives on. Neighbors rock!

No comments: