Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hair-Brained Reality

Why is it that men get away with so little shaving? I've seen men trolling through the locker room who look like they're made of wool on all sides. Back hair, chest hair, leg hair... men get to walk around indifferent to the fact that they resemble a weed-choked lawn. Some don't even shave their face. But women seem to prefer us as hirsute brutes. Most women I know are meticulous about clean surfaces, and spend many an hour smoothing their legs and other hair-prone regions. Yet they demand little of the same from the opposite sex. Maybe it makes them feel more pristine by comparison when standing next to we Brillo pads with feet. I won't pretend to understand why women prefer it - I don't see seals pursuing chimps elsewhere in the animal kingdom, so am thinking that humans have the market cornered - but I will enjoy every minute...

No comments: