Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Remarkable Experiences

Yesterday was a tough day at the office. I came in with hopes of providing support to a struggling project, then proceeded to get in the way. The rest of the morning consisted heavily of wrestling with some pricing decisions on a product for which the data was suspect. Hit the gym and gritted my way through an inferior workout. Went to the library to tutor and fought to keep my eyelids open while waiting for the student to show.

Today I got a thank-you from management for research I'd done on another project. Worked more on the pricing project and made progress. Had a meeting about department training that went well. Then a new supervisor asked if she could visit with me sometime about my approach to supervising, which I took as a compliment.

What a difference a day makes!

No comments: