Friday, December 31, 2010

Sum Kind Of Wonderful

My simple diet is ripe for comparison shopping. Being about as lazy as I am simple, I'd never really gotten around to seeing what better deals were out there than Kroger. I'd heard a commercial declaring that Walmart saved families an average of $2,800 a year. The freedom of the holiday let me travel to both places and compile some facts:

Loaf of bread: Kroger $2, Walmart $1.50.
Big box of cereal: Kroger $6, Walmart $3.50.
5 lbs of chicken: Kroger $18, Walmart $9.

Total: Kroger $26, Walmart $14.

Oh, also:

Congestion of shoppers: Kroger 112, Walmart 3,287.

Feet parked from door: Kroger 200, Walmart 400.

So I save 40%, meet tons more people and get twice the exercise? What part of my brain has been turned off all these years?

No comments: