Friday, November 23, 2012

Hey, Ya!

"If you dress a new something in old habits, it's easier for the public to accept it."

There's a story about the song "Hey, Ya!" launched in 2003. At first it was despised by listeners, despite several technical indicators that it had the makings of a hit. So radio stations began slipping it in between well-established popular songs (in some cases, between the same song twice!). And eventually "Hey, Ya!" became a success.

I don't particularly care for folding laundry, but I will do it during the few paused moments after scoring a soccer goal when playing FIFA on my PS2.

Right now, I'm entering receipts into my checkbook. I'm also reading an interesting book. So after reading one page, I enter a receipt. The receipts are more tolerable in between something I'm genuinely enjoying.

And whenever I read something interesting, I pause long enough to blog about it... :)

No comments: